Singing My Way From Fear To Fun

Singing My Way From Fear To Fun

Photo © 2013 Jim Metzger

Check it out!  I was asked by Patty Chang Anker, author of “Some Nerve: Lessons Learned While Becoming Brave,” to write this piece for her blog: http://pattychanganker.com/somenerve-challenge-first-erin-faces-stagefright-spoiler-alert-rocked/

Please add a comment below, share the link with friends or on facebook.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Singing My Way From Fear To Fun

1. Keith Hughes says:

Nice work, Erin! I’ve seen you come a long way and you were great at TMTTR!

2. Sarah says:

What a great peek inside what it’s like to perform!!! I think you really hit on what making music (and fun) is all about…thanks for sharing!!

3. C Meachen says:

I learned when taking flying lessons that bravery got me in the plane, willing to learn; and, the thing I felt once I landed was courage. Courage lead to more bravery and a virtuous cycle lead to my pilots license. (Courage feels as good as sex, but the after glow lasts for DAYS.)

• PixieGrowsUp says:

Hi C,

That is so cool that you got your pilot’s license! Thank you for your comment! I agree about the courage/sex equivalent! I feel that way about writing songs too. There is almost nothing better than being in the flow of creating a song and then giving birth to it. Maybe that process is about courage too so it goes back to your theory.

4. Yolanda Ledet says:

Hi Cuz,
    Congratulations on stepping out and following your dream. I look forward to seeing you perform in person. Lots of Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Suzanne Rust says:

So glad that you are conquering your fears and sharing your gifts with the world! Keep it up!

6. Russ Murray says:

Great story, using a great (closet) musician to illustrate what can be accomplished by becoming brave!

7. Laura Last says:

Erin, thanks so much for being a great power of example of walking through fear towards joy! It was great to see and hear you at TMTTR — I especially loved your song “You Bought Your Man”!